Sunday, February 16, 2014

Vang Vieng, Laos

February 16, 2014

I am behind on posting and back in Thailand at this point so I better start catching you up to date!  Omar and I loved Vang Vieng and all our friends so much that we decided to stay here for 4 nights taking advantage of the natural beauty and outdoor fun.

IMG 0003Omar, Wendy, me, Darren (our vegan cycling friend), and Rosie (our Irish friend from Luang Prabang) decided to get a massage. If you can’t tell from our smiles - this was after the massage.

IMG 0004Jim, Brian and Rosie (the Irish contingent), Omar and I enjoying some street food after a night at the Irish Pub.

IMG 7518Darren, O and I off for a cave tubing adventure - over 500 meters on a river inside a cave, with nothing but torches and freezing water.

IMG 7536Here we are paddling out of the cave.  It got pretty tight in places - not for the claustrophobic. 

IMG 7517Darren, me, Rosie, Don (Darren’s son and luggage porter), Brian and O at our favorite Irish pub . . . again.

IMG 7557
Tandem kayaking selfie 
 
IMG 7562
The river is pretty shallow at this time of year, but during rainy season it will rise over 4 meters!
 
IMG 7564
Omar and I rode scooters over this temporary-for-the-dry-season-stick-bride for another day of water fun at a local swimming hole.
 
IMG 7567
The local swimming hole has grown over the years to include cabanas, food, drinks, volley ball and bocci ball.
 
IMG 7575
The local swimming hole - the Blue Lagoon.  A well deserved name.
 
IMG 7593
Omar, Wendy, and Brian getting ready for a fierce game of Bocci ball.

IMG 7585
That’s Omar on top getting ready for a big jump.  I stuck to the rope swings below.
 
IMG 7595
Where am I going to hang my Brad Pitt nude now???

1 comment:

  1. Just ask for permission for the Brad Pitt nude. Since when do you read or follow any rules? ;)

    ReplyDelete