Friday, March 7, 2014

Rest and play in Bangkok

After visiting a bunch of temples and museums we needed some fun. Here is what we did:

P2220077
We went to the floating market. Bangkok used to be called the Venice of Asia and a lot of business used to be done in these markets.

P2220067
Ali went on a shopping spree. No worries, when custom made shoes cost less than a six pack of beer this was not a financial disaster.

P2220057
Mackerel anyone?

P2220071
The spirit of the floating markets lives on here. Talk about point and pick food.

P2220084
Our tour to the floating market included a boat ride to see fireflies and upon return we found this traffic jam. 

IMG 1811
After the floating market Ali needed yoga to recover.

IMG 1804
The shopping spree continued. Since I imagine some day I will need a job, I decided to get a custom tailored suit. How could I not, since the whole suit cost me less than renting a suit in the US for just one day and should look better than ever.

IMG 1819
We took an easy day off to go to an amusement/water park with the Musik family.

IMG 1821
Where we would get devoured by a lion and puked out by a panther.

IMG 1828
We went on some pretty crazy rides. Notice there are no lines or crowds? Take that Disneyland.

IMG 1831
The water slides made this my first water park ever.

IMG 1834
I caught air while sliding down the 7 story tall speed slides - the tallest in South Asia.

IMG 1827
And of course we had cartoon celebrities like… maybe my sis knows who this is.

P2220064
Thai kitty says goodbye and chillax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment