Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Officially Unemployed Bums

July 10,  2013

I have already gotten so use to my new life of leisure that it has taken me much longer than usual to get the blog up and running this time round!  As you can see, Omar and I decided to do a joint a blog this time and I am sure you will have no problems identifying my crass posts from Omar's more artistic-y ones!  We are having a ton of fun Down Under, but as usual I will let the photos do most of the talking.  

The Victoria Market, well part of it . . . why don't we have one of these in SF?

Although I am glad we don't have one of these!

After the market Nick took us biking around Melbourne - you can see downtown in the background.

 Nick taught us how to forage our own Delicioso mushrooms, which was a good thing after I tried picking a similar looking poisonous one!  We fried them up in some garlic - yum, yum! 

We spent 6 hours in 8 degree weather gold mining all day with a metal detector and all I got was this lousy piece of gold!  

Home sweet home

Yeah... as if that's a surprise.

The Melbourne Gaol... we learned lots about Ned Kelly and other famous criminals, but after we got locked in a cell in the dark for a few minutes we mostly learned never to wind up in jail for reals!

 Alyson, James, and us hanging out in the Melbourne library.  

We borrowed Nick's motorcycle and headed down the Great Coast Road for two days of amazing scenery and wild animal fun!

Think Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. . .

Rumor has it the eucalyptus oils make them drunk.  And as far as I can tell, after spotting dozens of them in the trees, they were too hammered to even move!

The Twelve Apostles

Australia's Highway One... The Great Ocean Road

1 comment: