Monday, June 23, 2014

Castles and Chocolate

June 23, 2015

 

Castles and chocolate in Switzerland . . . do I need to say any more???

 

 

DSCN0047Castle Lenzburg in Switzerland

 

DSCN0050The castle dates back to the 11th century and is one of the oldest in Switzerland.

 

DSCN0055The castle was owned by American aristocrats from 1893 onwards, right before it was sold to the local Canton and turned into a museum for peons like me.


DSCN0060Like all good castles, there are spiral stair cases, dungeons and even a resident dragon!

 

DSCN0061Peek-a-boo

 

DSCN0064Only one of these two would survive a Game of Thrones episode.

 

DSCN0066This castle is rentable - hmm…. wedding in Switzerland???

 

DSCN0068Sooooooooo not in Nepal anymore!!!!

 

DSCN0075Frey Chocolate Factory - where dreams are made and calories gained.

 

DSCN0076Like any 5 year old - I ate soo many free chocolates and truffles off the chocolate conveyor belt - I ended my tour with a stomach ache.

 

DSCN0079Stomach ache or not - I put on my game face to make chocolate bars.

 

DSCN0086Nicole and I with our hand made chocolate bars!

 

DSCN0085Life’s like a box of chocolates!

No comments:

Post a Comment