Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chiang Mai Fun

December 29, 2013

It has been nonstop fun since arriving in Chiang Mai with new activities everyday.  We came to this city to relax and take a break from the craziness that traveling is, but with all the amazing things to do in this city I think we are actually busier now than before and I have a giant To Do list!  

 

IMG 6466Here’s Wendy and I visiting our first Buddhist Temple of many here in the Old City of Chiang Mai.

IMG 6471Nothing like cruising the streets for fun in a tuk tuk.

IMG 6475I love this tuk tuk driver! - he put on a Santa hat and blared Michael Jackson tunes.  Not to mention he squished 4 of us into his tuk tuk - 3 in back and me upfront holding on for dear life. 

IMG 6476Our home made Christmas tree - complete with presents from Santa.

IMG 6482It was a wonderful Christmas morning spent with good company, Christmas carols, and thoughtful presents.

IMG 6489Imagine my delight walking around the city and running into three Mr. Tourisms.

IMG 6493We are getting into shape the Thai way - Muay Thai Boxing with a professional fighter, Per.

IMG 6533We all came home with bruises littering our feet and shins.

IMG 6557My Crossfit muscles aren’t completely gone.

IMG 6592That little kid could kick any of our butts . . . and probably all at once if he wanted.

IMG 6594The fruit and vegetable markets here are farm fresh.  We visited one while on our cooking class.

IMG 6600Then we visited the farm to learn about the vegis and start our cooking class.  This was our incredibly funny and flamboyant instructor, A.

IMG 6606We each had our own woks and chopping stations as we were each making 6 different dishes!  I made spicy basil tofu, papaya salad, fried bananas, Tom Sab soup, red curry paste and red curry.

IMG 6609The best part of class!

IMG 6614Wendy and I at the farm!

IMG 6673Now that we are officially Muay Thai students - we had to go to a professional fight.  A championship fight no less.

IMG 6690And the champion?!?!?!  Why it’s Per - our very own instructor!  I don’t know if watching him fight motivated me or has terrified me.  All I know is when he yells at me to hit faster or drop and give him 20 I won’t be pissing him off.

1 comment: