Friday, December 27, 2013

Diving in the Similan Islands

While exploring Phuket we friended a local that hooked us up with some great diving deals. I have payed more for lunch at the Ale house than for a dive here. The Similan Islands are a world renown diving site and one of the top ten diving sites according to National Geographic so we had to go.


From Phuket we took a speed boat to the Similan Islands to begin our diving adventure. This is one of the many beautiful anchorages we spent the night at.


Eat, dive, sleep. The schedule was grueling. Doing 11 dives in three days is tough even if done in a beautiful setting with a private chef and taking naps inbetween.


The trip was so great that Wendy decided to get a tat to remember the moment.

I wish I had more pictures of the beautiful marine life I found while diving. Sorry, I don't have a dive camera. However this fellow came to visit the boat and say hi, just so I would have a picture of marine life!


The beautiful sunset provided relaxation from our busy schedule.

 Heading back to Phuket we took a speedboat. The seas were choppy so here is a crew member demonstrating how to prevent motion sickness. I hope that is all clear to you. Of course none of the sea hardened Tropicbird crew got any sea sickness.

Our last night on Phuket we had a street night market. Yes, it is a street full of Asians shopping. I swear it is not San Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment