Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ride Day 1

January 15, 2014

Our last few days in Chiang Mai was packed full of fun, and not so fun dentist trips, before we took off for an amazing 6 day scooter trip through the mountains of Northern Thailand.  I only have day one of the trip so far to whet your appetite till I can get the rest of the scooter trip updated.

 

IMG 7016I took another cooking class at Bamboo Bee, a vegetarian cooking restaurant, where I learned how to make mock meat out of shitake mushrooms. 

IMG 7023Here I am making mushroom burgers - about to bake them. Yum!

IMG 7028Time for my 6 month dental cleaning - less than 20 bucks for ultra sound cleaning.  (I did have the office checked out by my friend Bill, from the boat WaterMusick, first. He’s a dentist.)

IMG 7029My new dentist says yeah for clean teeth!

IMG 7031Day one of the scooter trip - just about to enter Doi Inthanon National Park.

IMG 7034Our first stop inside the National Park was amazing.  Good thing too as I came out to a flat tire.

IMG 7041They don’t call it the Thailand flat for nothing.  I am just happy I was able to flag down a driver to throw me and my scooter into the back of his truck!

IMG 7043Less than 20 mins and 5 bucks later, I had a new tube and was ready to meet up with the gang again.

IMG 7049We made it to the highest mountain in Thailand… but barely.  My scooter wouldn’t do more than 40 km per hour up hill.

IMG 7058We also found a spectacular temple nestled in the peaks.

IMG 7052Omar being a photographer.

IMG 7060And I thought we started advertising holidays early in America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment